Job Type: Full Time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Admission, discharge and transferring of patients
- Provide nursing care such as bed bath, mouth care, nail care, care of pressure points including back care and change of position 2 hourly or 4 hourly as per requirement.
- Store, prepare and administer medication as per protocols; and document it.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Ensure the compliance of MRD files and send to MRD department within 48 hours of discharge of patient.
- Send request and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, lab tests as ordered by the doctor, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Put all entries in HIMS (pathological & radiological) and update the same in billing sheet accurately.
- Update transfer in & transfer out of patients in HIMS & in billing sheet.
- Intimate IPD pharmacy & billing department priory regarding planned discharges during night shift.
- Send IPD files to billing department daily for bill updating.
- Notify to Resident Medical Officer or Consultant when there is a change in the patient’s condition.
- Meet with assigned support personnel (Housekeeping, Dietary Department, Ward Assistants, etc.) and co-ordinate services to plan the shift’s services, programs, and activities and monitor tasks are completed as directed to ensure that the patient’s total regimen of care is maintained.
- Ensure fumigation and terminal cleaning of rooms in the department (after discharge of infected patients).
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records – intake output chart, vital signs chart, etc.
- Provide maternal feeding, O2 therapy, nebulization; administration of enemas; gastric lavage; insertion of IV canula; and perform minor dressings, etc.
- Assist doctor in procedures like urinary catheterization, RT insertion, insertion of central line, major dressings, etc.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care including diet and physical activity; and psychological well-being.
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Take rounds with the consultant.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations, treatments & surgery.
- Coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Maintain and protect the safety, confidentiality and dignity of patients and families.
- Maintain cleanliness of patients’ rooms, nursing station and surrounding areas.
- Check and maintain inventory on daily basis, shift-wise.
- Adhere to infection control policies and proper biomedical waste management.
- Provide health education to patient and family.
- Accurate handing and taking over of each shift.
- Supervise support staff; guide students and trainees.
- Attend in-service training and update skills and knowledge.
- Maintain professional etiquettes including telephone etiquettes, interpersonal relationship, dignity of profession and respect of co-workers and senior authority.
- Adhere to grooming standards; and protocols of the organization.
- Responsible to the In-charge and accountable to the Nursing Superintendent.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by In-charge, Nursing Supervisor, ANS & Nursing Superintendent.
No of Openings:
Full Time: 2-4